Monday, March 9, 2015

365 Project - Day 130

I was thinking the other day that I have wonderful crystal, china and silver and rarely ever use it. Both it and I are aging and need more use! The setting for this photograph is a simple reminder that we need to enjoy the finer things in life as and when we can. And, if they don't come to us, we can "set the table" ourselves. I have no excellent excuses for not doing so.

One of the important luxuries I hope to always enjoy is traveling and France is among my favorites. There is something special about the way the French take time with each meal to relax and embrace their companions, while savoring their meal. Including these plates from Gien and French utensils complements my point about making time for such luxuries. The important thing to note is that completing the joy requires company, without friends or family the joy would be empty.

Today's photos: The luxury of company



"Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than to be in bad company." Booker T. Washington




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
50mm
f11
1/125

No comments:

Post a Comment