Friday, March 27, 2015

365 Project - Days 145, 146, 147

Still trying to catch-up - I combined these days because I ... have ... a ... new ... lens !

When I went back to the store to return the lenses I rented for the high school musical, I decided to buy a Nikon 50mm 1.4G so that I could give my son my current "nifty-fifty". Most of my 365 shots are taken with a 50mm lens. I thought about simply buying him the same one that I have since he wanted a new one. However, the Nikon lenses are on sale and the next thing I knew I was walking out of the store with a bag in my hand and a smile on my face. I'm very happy because this lens is ideal for my headshot and portrait work.

I love this lens. Listening to the lens autofocus is like listening to jazz. It takes its time. It's smooth, rhythmic and complicated all at the same time. It's not perfect, but we're working together, improvising to make beautiful, simple artistry!

For this blog post, I have compiled a photo mix from each of the first 3 days with my new lens as a way to celebrate the 1.4G experience. (NB - the mushrooms photo is my personal favorite.) These are all still life photos, largely because I am focused on finishing the show photos in time for the production (aka cast) party tomorrow. So, no time to be more environmentally creative. Frankly, I'm happy as a clam with the set-up. Yes, I could be challenging myself a bit more, but the important thing is that I am shooting every day. One side benefit to all of this still life is a portfolio of work I can sell in my friend's booths during Spring fairs and markets. I'm looking forward to that. This and more grace and blessings are on their way ...

Thank you, Lord!

Enjoy. Best wishes!

Today's Photos: Smooth Jazz





"As long as you've got your horn in your mouth, you're developing." Zoot Sims

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment