Sunday, March 8, 2015

365 Project - Day 129

We had a great day photographing the Crew and Pit today. Lots of laughs. The umbrella worked really well and the catchlights are fantastic. I made a few adjustments after a little studying during my 1 day break. I'm excited to feature those catchlights in an upcoming 365.

My husband referred to himself as a "boy Sunday" today. I think he and the producer found my techniques a bit amusing. Given how devoted I am to capturing a great photograph for every child, my perfectionism shows. Some of the kids are nervous, some intimidated, some simply cannot handle the flash. All this leaves me with needing a lot of storage and a bag of tricks. There are moments when every single time the flash goes off the eyes are closed. I have to find ways to distract them and/or to be faster than their eyelids!! The photograph below was taken as my husband and I were analyzing the set up on Friday. One of things I had asked some of the kids was to smile as if they had a secret they did not want to divulge ... this is my husband thinking of his secret (not at my request!) I'm not showing the rest of his face, because if you saw that, you would be frightened for me ;-) He's a goofball.

I have to say that I so enjoy doing this. Taking photographs of teenagers is more joy than I can communicate. The more stressed they are about having their photograph taken, the more I enjoy this. I want to help them settle in, get comfortable, trust me and know that they are beautiful. The thrill of delivering something that might make them smile, even if only internally, makes my heart sing. Who knows, maybe someday I will have the joy of doing this all the time. "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' " Matthew 19:26

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Secrets



"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions." Dalai Lama






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
50mm
f5.6
1/180

No comments:

Post a Comment