Sunday, February 8, 2015

365 Project - Day 101

I am excited about the remaining 200+ days of this project, knowing that I have lots to explore, learn and develop. One of things I have discovered in the last 100 days is that I have a preference for portraiture/headshots of youth, event photography and flower photography. Sort of an odd mix. I am trying to determine how that melds into a single objective, or not. The unfortunate thing is that they are all costly, naturally! All requiring very different kits, naturally!

I am committed to stretching, growing and achieving excellence. This is no longer about taking 10,000 photographs or spending 10,000 hours on this passion. It is about doing exceptionally well, which will require time, sacrifice and faith. I am reminded of my former CEO's quote, "growth and comfort do not coexist." Ginni Rometty Along the way, I will remain focused and "Cast all [my] anxieties on Him because He cares for [me]." 1 Peter 5:7

So, it won't happen everyday, but as often as possible, I will select photos that illustrate new skill development. Today, I selected the combination of my favorite format, old fashioned B&W and grainy in still life. While I have been working on stills for several weeks. Shifting to B&W and incorporating the apple's shadow in the photograph is an important distinction in this photograph. I also believe the tones and details are improved in this over others. While the subject doesn't meet one of the 3 preferred categories above, developing talent in B&W, natural light and still photography will strengthen my abilities in all 3, regardless of subject.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Nourished by faith



"If I had 4 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 2 hours sharpening my axe." Abraham Lincoln




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
50mm
f6.7
1/8

No comments:

Post a Comment