Monday, February 9, 2015

365 Project - Day 102

I saw a Facebook posting today that read, "New England Closed Mondays Please Call Again!" So appropriate for yet another snow day! I meant to bake cookies today, but got distracted with another Creative Live broadcast (though this time a free recording). I continue to dream of Spring and since that is the case, I am compelled to deliver another flower photograph. I think, much like a rain dance, I am going to keep posting flowers to make drive Spring weather. I can't remember the last day we did not have snow on the ground. The good news is shots like this, using window light, are easier to take because of the reflection off of the snow, but I would rather have sunshine any day!

"Winter is on my head, but eternal Spring is in my heart" Victor Hugo

This lily is delicate, beautiful and pink. Pink. In my opinion, the primary color of Spring. I shoot these flowers in my dining room. It is a large room, but it is full of stuff. I use the room, however, because it has fantastic navy blue walls that serve as a wonderful back drop. As I was shooting today, I was unnerved by the painting on the wall that crowds my space. I finally stood back to look at the painting I had purchased more than 17 years ago and had been ignoring. It is a beautiful floral painting with many colors and a dark background. The reason why I was having spacial challenges at the moment I stepped back to look at the painting was because I was photographing a larger eclectic arrangement of flowers. I used that moment as an inspiration for a later floral - when Spring truly arrives. It was a reminder, though, of how much I love florals.

Best wishes.

Today's Photo: Until Spring!



"Despite the forecast, live like it's Spring." Lilly Pulitzer




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
50mm
f/11
1/3

No comments:

Post a Comment