Wednesday, February 18, 2015

365 Project - Day 111

I wanted to play around with photographing objects on mirrors. While at the hardware store the other day, I picked up a package of mirror tiles. When I returned home, I discovered they were too small for most projects, including this one, but I'm sharing anyway. The biggest challenge is that without a clear, clean space, everything is reflected in the mirror. There were somethings in the room that I could clearly see would be in the way and end up as problems in the mirror reflection and other items that I either simply could not see or chose to include because I thought they added complexity, depth or interest. In this photo, the high ceiling adds dimension that may cause one to pause to determine whether the photo is right side up or upside down. So, of course, I thought - there is a life lesson in here, somehow.

What do you see when you look in the mirror? Do you like your reflection? Do you see only what's on the surface or do you see more deeply? Which matters most to you? I am convinced that Khalil Gibran's statement, "The appearance of things changes according to the emotions; and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves," applies as much to how we see ourselves when we look in the mirror as it does to how we view anything else. If we can appreciate that we are beautiful souls and celebrate the unique gifts and talents within us that create magic, then we will see magic and beauty when we look in the mirror.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Reflective Beauty



"Attract what you expect, reflect what you desire, become what you respect, mirror what you admire." Unknown





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
50mm
f8
1/6

No comments:

Post a Comment