Wednesday, February 11, 2015

365 Project - Day 104

Admittedly, the sunshine just wasn't enough to brighten my day today. I needed a new toy and fresh cookies. More about the cookies in a couple of days. My new toy is Nik's Silver Efex Pro2. I knew my B&W photos were okay, but not as interesting as I wanted and did not have the kind of depth I recalled from way back when I was working with film. Though I have been playing with different plug-ins, I still wasn't fully satisfied. So, today I watched videos and downloaded the demo software. I ran a couple of old faves through the software and was enamored by one of the photos I "tricked up" with Selenium and will add it here later. My son thought one of his photographs using the film noir preset was a little too harsh and grainy. I made a few changes and got, "that's cool, mom."

I really like the Selenium tone which is a cool blue silvery look, causing the object to appear as though it's platinum (under the proper circumstances). So, for today's photo, my intent was to combine Selenium with a soft selective color on the pink lily. I like the combination of pink and platinum. I don't believe I created magic here, but I am happy with this as a first step. The good news is it brightened my day. I hope it works as a "pick me up" for you.

Best wishes!


Today's photo: "Brighten my day"


“Flowers and fruits are always fit presents; flowers, because they are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world.” Ralph Waldo Emerson





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
50mm
f8
7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment