Wednesday, February 25, 2015

365 Project - Day 118

"Share each other's burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important." Galatians 6:2-3.

I had originally planned on including only verse 2, but I felt compelled to add verse 3. We are not as familiar with this follow-on reprimand of simply not being better than the person who needs help and certainly not being as important as we think we are. I drove past an elderly woman who was shoveling her mailbox out of the snow this afternoon. I wanted to stop and help, but I am recovering from a broken leg and I did not have proper gloves and boots - aka, I was more important. As I drove by, however, I called my husband and asked him to go help her. I then turned my car around to tell her he was on his way. When I got back to her house I had to laugh at myself. My husband had asked me if I was sure she needed help. To which I responded, "She's like 80+ years old, it's cold outside and she's on the street shoveling. Of course she needs help!" When I got back to her house 3 minutes later, she was not outside (speedy woman) and a young man was shoveling her porch steps. Clearly, I had misread the situation. I turned around, called my husband, who was now on his way, and told him NVM. I meant well.

Blessings!

Today's Photo: Let me share your burdens



"I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness." -Mother Teresa





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
200mm (70-200mm f/2.8)
f4
1/20

No comments:

Post a Comment