Thursday, February 12, 2015

365 Project - Day 105

"Why do you do the crazy things you do?" she asks. "I hope to add some measure of grace to the world!" Don Quixote responds.

I saw the musical, Man of La Mancha, at one of the local theaters this evening and absolutely loved it. I hung on every word and tried hard to memorize lines as they came. As I was relishing one, however, another came along to savor. It is a lovely, whimsical, meaningful and sad musical. My parents took us to see many musical when I was young and I vaguely recall this being one of those. I so enjoyed seeing it this evening. Most are familiar with "The Impossible Dream," but I suspect few recall the context. I find the opening quote and this to be central to this musical, "And maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be."

"And the world will be better for this,
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage,
To reach the unreachable stars!”

Today's Photo: As it should be



“Call nothing thine except thy soul. Love not what thou art, only what thou may become.” Don Quixote





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
98mm (70-200 f/2.8)
f11
1.5s

No comments:

Post a Comment