Monday, February 23, 2015

365 Project - Day 116

"Blue is the only color which maintains its own character in all its tones ... it will always stay blue - " Raoul Dufy

I was feeling a bit blue and so compelled to play around with the blue gel on my speed light. Yes, I know these are very blue, rather than having a blue cast, but I wanted no doubt of my intent. I truly intended blue photos to match my mood! I suppose they might be bluer than I was, but I couldn't resist the fun. The flowers are naturally pale purple. The setting is a navy blue room. So, I was doomed from the start!

Here's something interesting about the color blue ... we use the color to express melancholy, yet it is a primary source of calmness as it is said that the color of blue triggers the release of the calming hormones of the brain. It is also considered a color of trust, constant and confidence. Now, what was I feeling when I said, "I was feeling blue?"

Best wishes!

Today's Photos: Perplexing Blue



"Blue color is everlastingly appointed by the Deity to be a source of delight." John Ruskin






EXIF: NIKON D7100
ISO 160
50mm
f11
1/180 (off camera flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment