Sunday, February 1, 2015

365 Project - Day 94

We had the joy of witnessing another round of youth musicals this weekend. The kids are amazingly talented and always deliver energetic performances that warm us on these chilly winter evenings. Their talent and passion exudes from every pore. The photograph below is from the performance of Company by the older kids. I love the energy and passion displayed by my son, who played the role of Larry.

Passion has long been one of my cornerstone principles. I am convinced that passion can carry someone further than talent alone. And, I am sure that without passion, our breaths and steps shorten, making progress slow and uncertain. I'll share a few favorite quotes on passion: "Light yourself on fire with passion and people will come from miles to watch you burn." John Wesley; "When you catch a glimpse of your potential, that's when passion is born." Zig Ziglar; "It is your passion that empowers you to be able to do that thing you were created to do." T. D. Jakes

I am passionate about a lot of things, but as you can read in my "about" post, I was unclear as to my true passion until recently. Since discovering, I have been hesitate to embrace it fully. A funny thing happened today, though. I knew I wanted to write about passion, given the evidence of it in this photo. I have been reading a single chapter in two different books each morning and evening. Today, those two chapters both spoke to the same bible verse with each also stating that God was the one who puts the dream [read passion] into our hearts. This was an exciting revelation for me. It does come with responsibilities, however, to ensure the fire of passion is stirred. Confirmed by a third reading tonight, "we will always harvest what we plant." (Galatians 6:7) I encourage you to live, fuel, and harvest your passion!

Best wishes!


Today's Photo: The harvest of passion



"And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 1000
150mm (70-200mm)
f2.8
1/90



No comments:

Post a Comment