Monday, February 2, 2015

365 Project - Day 95

I have these amazingly talented children who seem to get a lot of joy out of surprising me by their roles in each. They prefer that I do not see the rehearsals nor know much about the shows before opening night and while that makes for an exciting evening, it also makes for an anxious mom. Brooks' performance of Schlomo in Fame, Jr. was outstanding, but I had no clue he would be leading the finale, starting out on stage alone. So, as I casually sat in the audience with my camera in my lap enjoying the show, I was stunned when he stepped on stage. (I suppose I could have read the program!) As usual, the show was terrific. All of the kids were wonderful and we were blessed with three musicals in a single day. I cannot imagine a more delightful way to spend a Saturday! Life is groovy.

My son's signature song, Bring on Tomorrow, is a poignant one. If our youth (and adults) embraced these lyrics and felt there was a calling to make a difference, utilizing the talents they were gifted, I believe they (we) would be stronger physically, mentally and spiritually. I have this discussion with my children rather regularly, "please do not forget that the talents you were given are intended for you to change the world." (aka not just for fun)

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Fame!



"We have arrived at a moment in our lives, when the future passes into our hands, we can find out, are we really strong enough to fulfill what the future demands? ... Bring on tomorrow, let it shine, like the sun coming up on a beautiful day, it's yours and mine, we can make a difference, it's not too late." From Bring On Tomorrow, Fame! The Musical




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 1600
130mm (70-200mm)
f2.8
1/250

No comments:

Post a Comment