Tuesday, February 17, 2015

365 Project - Day 110

One of my favorite regions in the world is southern France. In the south of France, Saint Paul de Vence is a beautiful, picturesque small town. I have visited the town on several occasions, with my family joining me once. We stopped in one of the small local art boutiques, looked around and met the master artiste. He was absolutely delightful, though, he spoke little English. We all enjoyed meeting Leo and felt like we were instantly part of his family. Since we had two small children in tow, I did not expect to feel so comfortable in an art studio, but Leo and his assistant were filled with such joy. We bought several floral on canvas paintings and cheerfully moved along the narrow cobblestone paths. Each time I returned, I continued to be welcomed into the boutique / studio.

The Leo florals are hung on our staircase walls and I enjoy seeing them everyday. I so miss the flowers of France. It was always such fun to stop in an open market to pick up a fresh bouquet or to see beautiful local paintings. To be constantly surrounded by beauty filled me with much joy. This photograph reminds me of France and Leo.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Je me ennuie de votre beauté



"My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece." Claude Monet





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
200mm (70-200mm f/2.8)
f4
1/20s



RANDOM BONUS:

Since it is Fat Tuesday! I am adding this photo that I neglected to post the other day (long story) ... Have a great Lenten Season!





No comments:

Post a Comment