Sunday, February 22, 2015

365 Project - Day 115

This is my first still life with candlelight. This took patience given the longer exposure of 6 seconds. I had to settle in, sit and wait a bit to ensure there were no in camera vibrations, nor small movements within the content. I liken this to relaxing in a quiet corner at the end of a long, hard day. A little stillness, peace and solitude is necessary to settle the nerves, wipe the slate clean, relax and restart.

Just as God's mercies are new every morning, we must shake off the day and start afresh. "The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!' ” Lamentations 3:19-24

Blessings!

Today's Photo: Time to Relax and Refresh



“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f5.6
6s

No comments:

Post a Comment