Friday, February 13, 2015

365 Project - Day 106

What a night! Can't wait to write about it ... Until then ...

With Lent fast approaching, I needed a quick fix of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. Several weeks ago I mentioned these. Alton Brown's The Chewy is simply the most delicious chocolate chip cookie ever. It has just the right amount of crunch on the outside and softness in the middle and they stay that way for days. Uh, well, at least until they are all eaten!

Why did I need these now? During Lent, I traditionally give up chips, sweets and candy. I have been doing some version of this since high school. The hardest part has historically been that we nearly always held business conferences during lent. Conference afternoons I desperately needed a snack in the afternoon to stay awake and alert and PM breaks were filled with chips or cookies or ice cream or some combination and all meals came with big sweet treats. I learned to steel myself in preparation of these meetings, but it was challenging.

Ash Wednesday is this week, beginning the season of Lent and I shall be without cookies for 40+ days. So in preparation, I made these incredibly delicious treats. Though, I'm not telling how many I've eaten already!

Enjoy

Today's Photo: The Chewy


"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you." Jeremiah 29:11




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f2.4
1/90





No comments:

Post a Comment