Sunday, February 15, 2015

365 Project - Day 108

I had the honor and privilege of serving as a staff photographer for the Tim Tebow Foundation Night to Shine event at Faith Church in New Milford, CT. I admit to feeling inadequate as a photographer amongst a group of highly professional photographers. I have had to remind myself of Humans of New York's recent interview with President Obama in which the President said you have to remember that it's about the work.

I began by serving on the red carpet as paparazzi. I quickly read the name tags, called out participant names and took photographs treating everyone like celebrities. The easy part for me was not taking photographs, it was talking to the participants, sharing their joy, telling them how beautiful, handsome and cool they looked. I loved loving them. After the red carpet, I took candids during dinner and dancing. We talked, smiled, laughed and hugged. We all had a great time. I was truly blessed to have been a part of such a spectacular event.

Since the Prom, I have anguished over the photographs. In fact, I waited nearly 24 hours to download them. If you've read my headshot blogs, you know I am a perfectionist. And, the most important thing to me is that I deliver photographs that make the subjects proud. This time I felt inadequate. It's possible, though, that my participation just was not about my photographs, particularly given there were 7 other photographers. Perhaps, it was more about the giving of myself, and that was enough. I do know that I am better for having been a part of such beauty and joy and love.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1Corinthians 13:13

At the end of the evening, everyone was crowned kings and queens. So many smiles! I am sharing 2 of my favorite photographs.

Wishing you blessings!

Today's Photos: Kings and Queens Shine!




















"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment