Monday, February 16, 2015

365 Project - Day 109

I have thought of orchids as being rare and delicate flowers, sought after by the most skilled gardeners. I learned today, however, that the orchid is one of the largest and most diverse families of flowering plants with more than 20,000 species, which house almost 70,000 scientific plant names. I am still a bit surprised. Given all of the snow and chilled air we're experiencing, I was delighted to find these colorful, delicate, "rare" orchids at the hardware store this week ;-)

I am intrigued by the color and complexity of this plant. It is different and that makes me smile. I found a wide variety of colors, sizes and shapes to choose from in the hardware store. I can only imagine the possibilities in a flower or plant shop. I believe that the expansiveness and diversity of the Orchid is part of its real allure and strength. That is also true, I'm convinced, in life. When we embrace diverse cultures and people, we create more vibrant and vital lives for ourselves, capable of richer successes. I encourage you to take advantage of any opportunity you find to expand your life with relationships that enrich you through their differences.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Vital Diversity



"Strength lies in differences, not in similarities." Stephen R. Covey





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
190mm (70-200mm f/2.8)
f5.6
0.5s


No comments:

Post a Comment