Saturday, January 31, 2015

365 Project - Day 93

I find evergreens in winter, when the color seems to have been drawn out of all things, refreshing. They have life and energy and are often vibrant even under the wake of the heaviest snowfalls and the coldest temperatures. When it seems as though nothing should survive, they go on.

We can learn life lessons from evergreens. All of us experience times when life is challenging and joy seems distant. I had a moment like that today. I had worked extremely hard on a difficult project. What I wanted most of all, was for the people who were a part of the project to feel good about the work and to be encouraged. I was reminded, however, that regardless of how hard you work and how well intended your actions may be, not everyone will be pleased. I am fortunate, though, I am blessed. And, as the verse below reads, today's situation qualified me for "double". I admit I was disappointed, but sustained by two things: my faith that God was in control and my unwavering desire to deliver the very best work product for the people involved. So, my blessing came when one of those people, unaware that I was standing behind her, said to her friend, "Did you see [it]? It's so beautiful! Go look at it now." Clearly, there had been no reason for my momentary disappointment.

One of the definitions of evergreen is "enduringly fresh." That applies to God's favor, His grace, and His mercies. All new every morning and there to hold us up under the weight of impending pressures. And, on top, how refreshing is it that we receive double for our trouble?

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Enduringly Fresh



"But you shall be named priests of the Lord, ministers of our God. You will feed on the treasures of the nations and boast in their riches. Instead of shame and dishonor, you will enjoy a double share of honor. You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours. 'For I, the Lord, love justice. I hate robbery and wrongdoing. I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering and make an everlasting covenant with them. Their descendants will be recognized and honored among the nations. Everyone will realize that they are a people the Lord has blessed.'" Isaiah 61:6-9





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
35mm
f4
1/250

No comments:

Post a Comment