Sunday, January 18, 2015

365 Project - Day 80

I couldn't stop staring at this photo, but what did it mean? I was willing the words to come to me, until finally I got it.

Too often we think of life and more often snapshot each moment in terms of scarcity rather than abundance. What if we flipped that around? Imagine thinking, "at this very moment, I have more than enough!" I don't mean to trivialize pain, loss and discomfort, life certainly comes with plenty of those. Our lives, however, are not only filled with pain and lack. Our constant challenge is on what we focus. Do we focus on scarcity and pain or do we focus on blessings and abundance? The latter may seem difficult at times, but to be sure, wherever we place our focus will increase.

I want to be quick to add that pain and suffering is not all bad. As I have mentioned often, I am learning so much through this time with my broken leg. Both physical and mental strength and perseverance will be clear outcomes, but so much more. I am grateful for this trial and have long since moved this from my pain category to my abundance category.

I love that Thich Nhat Hanh offered, "Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." And, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin beautifully wrote, "Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God."

I choose to focus on blessings and abundance. Join me.

Best wishes!


Today's Photo: More than enough



"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
50mm
f4
1/250 (on camera speed light)



No comments:

Post a Comment