Sunday, January 11, 2015

365 Project - Day 73

I have seen a few photos of forks and knives and have this on my ongoing project list. My youngest son was intrigued by one of the photos, wondering what would drive someone to photograph a fork. That straightforward question drove me to put utensils on my project list. Since I still struggle with pulling together all of the appropriate pieces for a more complex photograph, I went with simplicity.

I began with my favorite fork and knife, an unusual and heavy set with clean lines. This is the silverware I purchased in Paris when my family left to return home after our international assignment. I remained on my own for several months, so there is sentimental value. I also chose a Laguiole knife set, another favorite and IMHO the best steak knives in the world. I selected these for 2 reasons: I love them and as a tribute to France given the activities this week. I love Paris and wish my fellow Parisians the best always!

I photographed several different positions and angles with these. This one of the knives in the center proved to be the one I preferred. I wish I didn't have fingerprints visible on one of the knives, but I like the reflections. It looks as though you can see the food in the reflection.

Best wishes!


Today's Photo: You are what you eat!



"Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours." Psalm 128:1-2




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 800
50mm
f9.5
1/180s (on camera speedlite bounced with diffuser)



No comments:

Post a Comment