Saturday, January 24, 2015

365 Project - Day 86

I have been craving vegetables lately. It was so bad the other day, that I took a bag of frozen peas that was half full and usually preserved for our 10 layer salad, boiled them and mixed them in with mashed potatoes. Since breaking my leg and turning the cooking back over to my husband, vegetables have been rather scarce. One of my favorite places to shop for fresh veggies is Stew Leonard's. After my check-up with the Orthopedic Surgeon this week, I dragged my hubby into Stew's. Lucky for me, in addition to great veggies, I picked up a few lovely flowers as well.

I know I've said this before, but flowers truly are one of my favorite things. If I had the luxury of a macro lens and hundreds of flowers, I believe I could shoot endlessly. These tulips have been wonderful to photograph. The only challenge is that they are so delicate and I am not so careful. I should put it this way, I am far more ambitious than I am cautious. In reality, though, shouldn't our lives be that way? Shouldn't we throw caution to the wind and pursue our dreams with more faith and less trepidation? I wish I could say I am always like that, but the truth is I am not. I believe, however, that if we are to reach our full potential, God instructs us to believe more and doubt less.

The Bible is filled with passages that reference a call to strength over fear: Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." And, with verses that speak to favor: Psalm 84:11, "For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right." So, therefore, it seems counterintuitive to walk with caution over faith, right?


Best wishes!


Today's Photo: "Lo, I am with you always!"



"I am still far from being what I want to be, but with God's help I shall succeed." Vincent Van Gogh





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
50mm
f8
1/2s


No comments:

Post a Comment