Monday, January 19, 2015

365 Project - Day 81

Music is joy! I remember listening to all kinds of music as a child. I cannot pinpoint my favorite song, but I recall choreographing dance routines to match the words of songs like Stop in the Name of Love, Harper Valley PTA and Rose Garden. I remember going to see Tom Jones in concert at the Garden State Parkway Amphitheater (at least I think that's what it was called). And, listening for hours to music on 8 tracks and 45s. Yes, I am that old! When my children were born, I insisted on music playing in the room while they were being delivered by C-Section: Steve Miller for the first born and Andrew Lloyd Webber for the second. I have always loved music.

One of my greatest blessings is hearing my children sing. They are gifted singers. I wish they would sing for me, on demand, but that rarely occurs. We were in Hawaii a few years ago and out in Kayaks to see Dolphins. We were told that if we were good natured, laughing and singing, we had a better chance of the dolphins appearing and "performing" for us. We could tell the dolphins were near, but they were not doing much other than swimming around beneath the surface. I nagged my son to sing and he repeatedly denied. It was difficult for me to stay good natured and nag at the same time. Somehow, though, I finally convinced him to sing for a couple of minutes and voila, the dolphins came up out of the water swimming, dancing and jumping. It was fantastic!

I am so very proud of my son, who will sing with the All Eastern Chorus in April. This photograph was taken after the Connecticut Western Regional Jazz Band and Chorus performance. The music was delightful. Once again, a reminder of the joy music brings.

Today's Photo: Experience the Joy of Music!



"Next to the Word of God, the noble art of Music is the greatest treasure in the world." Martin Luther




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 800
50mm
f1.8
1/30

No comments:

Post a Comment