Sunday, January 4, 2015

365 Project - Day 66

The anticipation of a new year is exciting. Aren't we both ready to write a fresh chapter and anxious about the unknown at the same time? That certainly makes for a bubbly start, with or without champagne and noise makers!

There were lots of changes in 2014, I expect many more in 2015 and I welcome the new. I have learned during this time with my broken leg to be more present in each moment, to be more understanding, to be more patient (I wish I could delete the word "more" and just "be"). When I say, I have learned to 'be more present', I mean that in the past, I was always, always doing multiple things at once, thereby minimizing everything and barely remembering anything. I often misplaced things, simply because I was not paying attention. I worked while I played and rarely played full on or rested completely, though I did immerse myself in work. When I say 'be more understanding', I heard recently that Philo said, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." I love that. We are all struggling with something. I want to ensure that I instill that understanding in my children. When I say, be more patient', I cannot get much done without assistance and everything I do takes at least twice as long as it did when I was walking on two healthy legs. I believe all 3 of these go hand in hand. And, I am grateful for these broken leg lessons.

So in 2015, I will have new opportunities to apply my knowledge, skills and talents in ways I have not imagined and that's truly invigorating. I embrace the blessings God has stored up for me with open arms, ready to serve.

I wish you and yours a 2015 filled with abundant blessings, joy and peace!

Today's Photo: "Cheers! Prost! Salute!



"You will know that God's power is very great for us who believe." Ephesians 1:19




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f2.4
1/250 (on cameras speed light - bounced off ceiling)

No comments:

Post a Comment