Saturday, January 10, 2015

365 Project - Day 72

I had a nice easy day, but the arrival into New York City shifted to a more harried existence. The taxi line was long leaving us in a rush and I had to walk from Grand Central Station (42nd and Park) to 53rd and Madison where we finally caught a cab for the last stretch. If you're not aware of why this was such a challenge, I have a broken leg. I walked on crutches on a frigid evening. I have a walking boot and I prayed every other step for a taxi to appear. I suppose the Lord felt that both my son and I needed a little exercise - hahaha! Unfortunately, that left us a few key minutes late for the show at 54 Below, but right on time to catch my younger son. It is just like God to be "right on time." Never mind what my timing might be - His is always, right on!

And, thinking back over the events of the past week, the blessings overflowed. A few minutes of minor suffering does not change that.

Without having a chance to settle in when we arrived at 54 Below, I felt a bit "off", but I learned from that. In the midst of my next harried experience (and I am certain there are more to come), I need to practice "mindfulness". I am confident that had I taken a moment to breathe and do so using my mantra ,"I praise thee and thank thee," I would have relaxed and grounded myself in 6 counts in and 6 counts out. Isn't it true that so much can be resolved if we would simply breathe?

Once again the kids were fantastic. This time, we were entertained by the Stars Cast and I was fortunate enough to capture a good portion of the show. Creating great photos at venues like this is a labor of love. I am addicted to ensuring that everyone looks the best they can in the photos I produce. So, I take my time often making multiple passes through editing. I try not to anguish over the ones that don't make it, and to rejoice over the surprises. This week, there were lots of photos in which to delight, photos of both kids and the professionals. I also worked to give as many people as possible a photo with the 54 Below sign in sight. I am pleased when they are happy with what they see. It is, after all, a key reason why I do this with pleasure. The other reason is because every photograph taken is a learning experience and I am better for it.

This is my son Brooks, who was Snug the Lion - "I'm not really a lion". He was selling it! His hands are blurry in this photo, but I still like this photo so much that I had to use if for today. I love his energy - you can practically hear him roaring.

Today's Photo: "I'll just roar now and then she'll run away!"



"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
98mm (70-200 f2.8)
f2.8
1/90
(using a monopod)

No comments:

Post a Comment