Thursday, January 1, 2015

365 Project - Day 62

Happy New Year !

So, today's photo should have been published on the 30th of December. That's actually not too bad. Over the next 3 posts, you will see my experimentation with new gels on my SB700 speed light. These are simple photographs as I test out the color gels. I have already used the amber gel for the cast headshots I took a week ago, but this is a more personal and intimate set of practice exercises and review of this gel package.

I began with red, for obvious reasons. It is the Christmas season, after all. I enjoyed this exercise, but post processing has not been easy. I also found that I was challenged in focusing on fine print when shooting with the gel. I am 100% sure this is operator error, but I am not certain of the exact problem.

I saw several Christmas music photos like this one online recently. They did not, however, have the red gel effect. I admit that I coveted those photos and hence, needed one of my own. My angst over this is I wish "Oh little town of Bethlehem" was sharp. Of course, you can see my continued fascination with bokeh, though minimal in this photograph!

Best wishes for a peaceful, blessed and fantastic 2015!

Today's Photo: "And peace to men on earth ..."



"See, I am ding a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
50mm
f/2.4
1/90 (off camera speed light)




No comments:

Post a Comment