Thursday, January 22, 2015

365 Project - Day 84

My children have always had overactive imaginations, but this was especially creative. "Mom always bakes cookies at the end of the grading period," declared the youngest one. Never mind that I have historically rarely been home at the end of a grading period. Frankly, I can't recall being consciously aware of a grading period ending, ever. I remember the start of a school year, the end of the school year, big events, but a grading period? Hmmm - Nice try. Nevertheless, he wins!

Of course, I enjoy delighting my children, however, I wanted to do so with my favorite chocolate chip cookies, not theirs. Hahaha. My children love Bon Appetite's Salty Chocolate Chunk Cookies, while I prefer Alton Brown's The Chewy. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat both. I've just been making a lot of the former lately and I'm ready to settle into a big plate of the latter. That cookie is so tender, tasty and gooey that I am craving them. Unfortunately, I did not have the tablespoon of milk and the right chocolate chips for The Chewy. So, the children got the saltiness they wanted and, well, we're all smiling.

I guess I'll need to keep track of grading periods now. By the way, I get extra credit for 2 photos today!

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Grade A Goodness!



Yummy!



"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing." Pele




No comments:

Post a Comment