Tuesday, January 6, 2015

365 Project - Day 68

I promise, this is my last Christmas photo ... I think. Normally, we would take down our Christmas tree by today, the day of Epiphany. However, we've been a little too busy. Since we were so delinquent in decorating, I have no qualms with leaving it up.

In a rush to get my daily 365 photo done, I stood staring at our delightful tree trying to decide which ornaments I NEEDED to photograph. This turned out to be a much tougher decision than I expected. In the end, I chose 3. The one below, a tiny santa sitting on an enormous goose and a special hand painted glass ornament from Venice, Italy. All three were covered by either branches or tinsel and I didn't want to disturb the decorations, nor take the time to move the ornaments around. So they were photographed "as is." No perfect photos today!

I chose this photograph because of the light dancing off the ornament and the bokeh framing the photo. This piece is also one of the more delicate ornaments we have, therefore, it is not likely to last long. We bought this ornament at Jones Family Farms during one of our annual trips to cut down our Christmas Tree. This particular trip was special in that the tree in their shop was decorated with musical ornaments and ribbons with scales. The boys were thrilled to find such a treasure and we bought several ornaments, including doves, violins, music stands and pianos, in addition to the hummingbirds. We even tried negotiating to purchase the ribbon off the tree! I cannot imagine a family more thrilled to such a tree.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: "Light Aflight"



"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f/4
1/250 (on camera speed light)

No comments:

Post a Comment