Thursday, January 8, 2015

365 Project - Day 69

It's hard to say anything, but wow! Spending the evening at New York's 59 Below is the stuff that "dreams are made of." Anyone who is anyone on Broadway has performed on that stage and hung out in the intimate Broadway Supper Club. What a blessing for the children of Newtown to have the opportunity to do the same with their equally blessed parents proudly watching in awe.

The preparation, anticipation and thought of the event was a bit overwhelming and frankly, brought tears to my eyes. During the event, however, I was preoccupied with the combination of trying to enjoy the evening - truly living the moment - while at the same time capturing the moment on camera. I had not anticipated being one of the primary photographers for the event, but that is truly a pleasure for me.

As is often the norm, I took more photos than I care to acknowledge. I seriously believe my camera has a mind of its own, snapping away when I'm not in control. Nevertheless, it was a fantastic evening and I was fortunate to be one of the historians. Aidan was fabulous, as usual. And one of my high school friends joined us for an additional special treat. My cup runneth over.

Seriously, the only thing that would have made this evening better would have been a less ambitions lighting team. It was impossible to manage photographing a large group with my 70-200mm in this tight space with the lights changing nearly every few seconds. I was going nuts. Well, that and my son was on the opposite end of the stage. From my vantage point, he was always in the shadows.

I am nitpicking. It is hard to find anything to complain about -- I have a great life. I was thinking about that this morning. Sure, I want more - but I am so very blessed.

Wishing you an abundance of blessings!

Today's Photo: "The course of true love never did run smooth"



“If you love and get hurt, love more.
If you love more and hurt more, love even more.
If you love even more and get hurt even more, love some more until it hurts no more...”
― William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment