Tuesday, January 27, 2015

365 Project - Day 89

It's Snowmageddon - please tell me, when is spring?

On a day like today, when we are snowed in with temperatures below 20 degrees, I can't help but dream of spring. I am thankful for these flowers I have around the house. I'm having a ball experimenting with the tulips especially since they are hanging on longer than expected. For this photo, I tried a different lighting set up. Rather than use natural, ambient or a speedlight, I used a handheld flashlight to illuminate the flower. This is my first attempt at this and because I did not use a long exposure, I doubt it counts as light painting.

The trial and error process was a kick. I laughed a lot at the mess I created with the flashlight as I attempted a range of placements around the flower(s). In the beginning, the results were more random than thoughtful. I finally got the hang of it, then added more flowers and lost control. The way I look at it, though, you never learn anything or truly grow if you don't try. And, I was by myself anyway so no one really knows what failures I endured on the way to producing this. ;-)

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Light Hearted



“Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” - Napoleon Hill




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 320
50mm
f11
1/1s




No comments:

Post a Comment