Monday, January 12, 2015

365 Project - Day 74

I am not fond of cold weather and cloudy days. It has been so very cold the last several days. We awoke this morning to a messy wintery mix which the boys enjoyed because that meant a 2 hour delay for school. I am unabashedly a warmer weather gal. Getting through winter in the northeast is a challenge repeated every year. My sister and brother in law have suggested that I buy a sunny winter villa that I can escape to when I start to visibly and physically resemble the gray days of winter. In the meantime, I try to find comfort in the beauty of the chill.

For this 365 Project, I went out in the evening for a minutes to photograph the snow. The snow had fallen a few days earlier and was no longer fresh, however, I still wanted to capture a cozy evening winter photograph. This is a photograph of the base of our Japanese Maple. It seems to be a perfect place for a bench, friends and a hot toddy - if you were one to enjoy that kind of thing on a very cold evening!

As a note, to brighten the snow, I used the on camera speedlite.

I hope you're keeping warm!

Today's Photo: "Meet you under the Maple tree"



"Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 1000
50mm
f1.8
1/250 (on camera speedlite)

No comments:

Post a Comment