Friday, January 30, 2015

365 Project - Day 92

In a brief study of the color purple, I've come to learn that it can represent royalty, knowledge, imagination, creativity, future, spirituality, and abundance. I'm thinking, "I choose all of the above, please!" Purple was once my favorite color, smart choice for an 11 year old, right? It is no longer my top choice, however, it is my sister's and honestly, if it were plausible, she would paint herself purple.

My sister is awesome! Now, to be clear, she wasn't always awesome. She was not much fun growing up and I did not like her when we were kids, but I like her now. She is kind, intelligent, loving and supportive. She is, perhaps, one of the most supportive people I know. I think I'll keep her, now. I put it that way, because my parents speak of a time when we were young and after too much complaining about there being far too many children in the house for civil living, they called us in one at a time. We were asked a simple question, "If we had only 2 children," my parents began, "you and one of your siblings, whom would you chose?" That was too easy. You see, if forced to live with someone, we all chose the baby. And, well, since the baby was so small, his vote didn't count. Yes, I was long ready to orphan my sister. I'm glad they kept her, though.

So, back to purple, future, spirituality and abundance. My sister has written terrific books on achieving abundance. She walks her reader through her personal journey to abundance, candidly sharing the challenges she overcame as the backdrop to thoughtful guidance and instruction. Her most recent book, Increase Your Abundance Starting Today, opens with a definition of abundance: "1. A great or plentiful amount; 2. Fullness to overflowing: 'My thoughts...are from the abundance of my heart' (Thomas De Quincey); 3. Affluence; wealth." She speaks to words having life, success your way, thinking big and dreaming bigger. The book is inspired by faith; well written with thoughtful research, reflections and exercises. If they follow her guidance, the reader is sure to achieve an abundant life, regardless of their starting point. This is powerful. She is powerful. I am grateful I can call her "sis".

Blessings ...

Today's Photo: Joyful, Abundant Life (an ode to my sis)



"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
50mm
f4
1/3



No comments:

Post a Comment