Thursday, January 1, 2015

365 Project - Day 63

This is now my favorite gel! I like the blue gel effect a lot, but this was a sad shoot for me. I am constantly on my kids when we are hanging ornaments on the tree, "Be careful, please. Some of these are special ornaments from France and Italy that can NOT be replaced!" Well, while I was messing around with this very well structured and organized session for today, I was moving the snowman for one final series of photographs and I dropped him. I could have said, "he slipped out of my hand," or "I had trouble handling him and my crutches at the same time." But, frankly, I was careless and I dropped him. I can still recall purchasing these ornaments from a Restoration Hardware type of store in Paris roughly 10 years ago. We bought 3 boxes, that are dwindling all too quickly. These French ornaments are packed in crates that cushion each individual ornament. Ugh - I am so frustrated with myself. So, here is the last photo of this cute little guy :(

I am enamored with 3 photos of these ornaments on the piano. I truly had to study these, the originals, the post processing and the final product to determine which I believed to be the best of the 3. Each captures the snowman facing a different direction. Each shows a different portion of the piano. And, each is illuminated slightly differently. The reasons for selecting this particular one are that I like that it incorporates more of the piano, includes the hook on the ornament, and has a clear blue cast.

Happy New Year!

Today's Photo: "Jolly, happy soul"


"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting." Paulo Coelho




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 320
50mm
f1.8
1/90 (on camera speed light)

No comments:

Post a Comment