Friday, January 9, 2015

365 Project - Day 71

Yes I know I promised that I had posted the final Christmas photo, but I just could not resist. As I shared, we have not had time to take down the tree and our ritual works like this ... My husband carefully removes all of the ornaments and arranges them by type and color on the dining room table. Then when I have time, I equally (nay, more) carefully pack them away. You might ask, "why by type and color?" It is so, because I am admittedly anal about how the tree gets decorated. I like for there to be a bit of randomness about the decorated tree and for that to happen, there must be order in the storing of the ornaments. Then when we decorate, we hang all blue ornaments at the same time; all French ornaments at the same time; all red ones and so on to ensure they are each equally spread throughout the tree. That's clear, right?

As I was thinking about what to photograph, I kept looking at the tree with its lights still blinking and behind it, the table filled with ornaments and I simply could not pass on one final opportunity ;-). You will notice that I did mess with the orderliness of things as I took the photo. I needed to add a touch of fun to the shot. Candidly, the photo did not turn out as exciting as I had hoped, but it was fun for me.

I shot this with my SB700 speed light on camera with the diffuser attached. The dining room chandelier was lit as well. It is amusing to me that at the start of this 365 journey, I was loathe to use a flash of any sort. Now, I have little angst about it.

Enjoy and Best Wishes.

Today's Photo: "Just 352 Days Until Christmas!"



"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f/4
1/250 (on camera speed light)

No comments:

Post a Comment