Friday, January 23, 2015

365 Project - Day 85

My children had the honor of singing at a memorial service today for the father of their musical theatre and voice instructor. They were part of a small choir for the service. My husband and I went to the service and were truly blessed by having been there. The service was very nice. I am not Catholic, but several of my childhood friends were and my husband is so I have been to many Catholic services and am quite comfortable. This was extra special, though.

Father Bob, one of the grandchildren and a son-in-law spoke of a man whom they admired greatly and a man who loved his family most of all. Listening to their celebrations of his life, simply made us want to be better and we wished that we had known him. I am disappointed that I did not, but thankful I was there for the service today. Father Bob suggested that the celebrations be printed and distributed to both the families and the students in the choir. I wholeheartedly agree. We can all learn to be better people by being more like Lenny.

Yes, this was a sad occasion and I cried, but I was also grateful. Grateful to have been able to share in both the grief and the joy of my friend as she both mourned the loss of her father and celebrated the gift of his life. I am enjoying the opportunity to participate in moments like this. In prior years, it would have been difficult to arrange my schedule. Now, however, I am fully engaged in the moment and so much better because of it.

Blessings ...

Today's Photo: "He refreshes my soul"


"And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand."
From On Eagles Wings




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
50mm
f/4
1/180 (off camera speed light)


No comments:

Post a Comment