Tuesday, November 11, 2014

365 Project - Day 14

Oddly, I believe that starting this project shortly before "the accident" was a blessing. There's certainly no way I would start it now. I was only on day 2 or 3 when the leg break occurred and I remain deeply committed. I am so grateful for this gift of photography. It is precisely the distraction I need.

Many years ago, when I had the luxury of free of time I would walk through antique shows in Houston. I was attracted to a few items: crystal stemware, silver serving pieces, numbered art prints by the masters and dusty old cameras ;-) I love the look and feel of these vintage cameras and they have remained on display (dust and all) since I picked them up. I haven't tried using them, though I know a lot of people do use the Argus 75 still today. My son picked up both while I was shooting the photos saying, "I don't see how anyone can see anything or take any pictures with these cameras!" If only he had to survive in the 1950s.

I would polish them, but frankly, I love them with the dust. Seems to make their "vintage" more life-like.

Today's photo: "Vintage Style"


"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment