Wednesday, November 26, 2014

365 Project - Day 28

Some days, I believe, you must fervently embrace Nietzche's refrain, “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” This was one of those moments for me. While I am not interested in being in a cast for another month and off my left leg for 2 months, I am certain of the growth that will come through this time. And, I look forward to that. I have already had more time to read, sleep and noodle than in any other time in my life. I have spent more time with my family. I have spent more time with my craft.

So, as I was dressed in my cast, I had a choice to make. I could decide to be miserable and live feeling as though I was somehow cursed or to decide to live as though even in this state, I am somehow blessed. This new cast is a sign of new opportunities on the horizon. I am excited and anxious to explore the fullness of those opportunities despite the pain of the injury and the awkwardness of my gait. As Benjamin Franklin said, "Those things that hurt, instruct." I welcome more opportunities to learn and stretch and grow. I receive this moment in time as a blessing.

My best wishes,


Today's photo: "Blessed Blue Cast"



"Every blessing ignored becomes a curse." Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

No comments:

Post a Comment