Thursday, November 27, 2014

365 Project - Day 29

I confess - this shot was a last minute "holy smokes, I neglected to take my 365 photo today." This was taken when we arrived after 12AM at the Las Vegas airport. I am sitting in my wheelchair at the elevator, facing the opposite direction from this gate. I grabbed my iPhone, swung around and took a quick shot before being whisked away. Yes, it's blurry, and dark, but I also found it interesting that in the wee hours of the morning, on the busiest travel day of the year, calm and quiet existed.

This was particularly amusing given I had been rather frantic just a few hours earlier. I spent the entire day packing the family for our annual Thanksgiving trip to Las Vegas and still we left later than we planned, but with plenty of time on a "normal" day. The traffic was a nightmare, however. It seems everyone scheduled to travel on Wednesday decided to leave early to miss the anticipated snow storm. So, we were rushing when we arrived at JFK. And, since I don't rush, this simply wasn't top of mind. When I did come into myself, the empty gate struck me as a symbol of the calm before the storm of Wednesday's travel. Despite it not being a perfect photo, in context, it's alright ;-)

Today's photo: "Calm before the storm"



"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment