Sunday, November 23, 2014

365 Project - Day 26

This afternoon, one of my high school friends is having a "Friendsgiving" party. I thought that was such a wonderful idea. A warm, casual get together with friends without all the angst of Thanksgiving, but filled with the full joy. I am grateful for having been included in the guest list and deeply disappointed that I cannot join the fun. We have a Lend Me a Tenor matinee today - the final performance. I am thankful, however, that we had the chance to catch up on the phone this week.

It just dawned on me that we have known it each other for 40 years. Sometimes, the time between visits with friends over those years seems much too long and then a brief phone call melts that time away. Another high school friend, one I have been friends with for more than 40 years and see less often, called recently. Speaking with her was pure joy and grace. There is no amount of time between visits that can make our friendship less so.

I am truly blessed.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: "Tea Party":



"To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with." Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment