Monday, November 3, 2014

365 Project - Day 6

The wind was crazy yesterday. I went out mid-afternoon for my 365 shoot and thought I would have a terrific opportunity to get a few pictures of leaves blowing in the wind. The sun was shining and it was what the British refer to as a "crisp" afternoon (which is cold in my vernacular). Since I cannot venture too far from home, I stepped off the porch into the garden. I took more photos of the Japanese Maple. The tree is huge and beautiful and I do feel somewhat obliged to photograph it daily. For something new, however, I shot photos of the leaves on the ground and this one of the shadows of the large oaks in our neighbor's yard, stretching into ours appeals to me. Perhaps because it resembles strong legs, which I am want of at the moment.

Since the leaves weren't blowing as much as I had hoped, I enlisted the assistance of my son, Brooks, to throw a few into the air after his attempts to run and shuffle through a pile of leaves left the pile virtually undisturbed. It did not seem a complicated task to me, but throwing worked slightly better. Just because it's such fun, I thought I would add his photo.

I know this project is to choose 1 each day and in the first week, I've already broken the rule twice, but so be it. It makes me joyful!

Enjoy and all my best wishes!

Today's Photos: "Autumn Strength 1 and 2"







“Courage isn't having the strength to go on - it is going on when you don't have strength.” Napoleon

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment