Thursday, November 20, 2014

365 Project - Day 23

Tonight is opening night of my son's directing debut. I am a proud mama. I spent most of the day editing photos from last night's dress rehearsal, once my husband and son decided they wanted to have a few (17) prints in the lobby this evening. Lend Me a Tenor is a terrific show. We saw it years ago on Broadway and really enjoyed it. It was great fun watching these high school students "be" their characters and deliver stellar performances. Aidan and his co-director have done a marvelous job. Putting on a theatre production like this takes a great deal of teamwork, dedication and hard work. I am convinced that they will achieve their ambition of offering a performance that thoroughly delights the audience.

I was grateful to be a part of the intimate group attending the dress rehearsal and took far more photos than I expected. I actually exceeded the average for performances in which my children are cast. Comedic farces, however, do tend to lend themselves to plenty of opportunities to catch a sudden, quick and unexpected scene. Such a treat!

I have to say, I was just the slightest bit jealous as I watched the yearbook photographer move all over the theatre to take pictures. I was firmly rooted in one place, basically immobile. Hey, that's life and this too shall pass! I am learning a lot in my stationary state and that's always a good thing.

Today's photo: "Newtown High School Presents..."



"Act without expectation." Lao Tzu

"Life is like a theatre, but the question is not whether you are in the audience or on stage but rather are you where you want to be?" A. B. Potts

No comments:

Post a Comment