Sunday, November 2, 2014

365 Project - Day 5

After laying in all day trying to rest my leg, it finally dawned on me that I needed to get up and get my shot for the day. It's not that I hadn't thought about it during the day. It's more that I didn't have the will. So after it had started getting dark and was raining, I finally gathered the strength and will to step out onto my front porch. As I ventured outdoors, my 17 year old yelled out to me, "Mom! What do you think you're doing? It's dark and raining outside!" To which I sheepishly responded, "Yep, I know, but I need to get my 365 shot in and I'll be careful, I promise." Wasn't that kind of him to worry about me?

The time was 7PMish and there was virtually no natural light available. I took advantage of the porch light. I used my 50mm f1.8 lens, affectionately referred to many as their "nifty fifty" and snapped away at the Japanese Maple at the edge of my doorway. I alternated between leaning on the frame of the house, the pillars on the porch, and on my crutches. This triad left me with a shaky set-up and minimal space to maneuver (like a 3ft square), but I managed. I'm learning to live within my means.

Cheers!

Today's Photo: "Japanese Maple at Twilight"


"The pain that you have been feeling cannot compare to the joy that is coming." Romans 8:18




No comments:

Post a Comment