Saturday, November 15, 2014

365 Project - Day 18

Okay - I admit to being totally oblivious to the Polar Vortex conversation over the past week. I have a couple of simple explanations for this - I have not gotten out much and the weather doesn't seem to be all that bad to me. Perhaps, I'm a just a little jaded since we've had terrible weather this time of year in the past. What we're experiencing now simply doesn't compare. A couple of years ago, we had to cancel Halloween due to heavy snowfall that blew out our electricity for 6 days. So a little snow in early November with temperatures in the 30s is nothing ... mind you, it is a far cry from the heat we enjoyed living in Houston, but this polar vortex thing seems silly compared to that blizzard. I had to chuckle reading the whole arctic outbreak, polar vortex, global warming, climate change debate. Lots of discussion over which term is correct and whether something is going on with the global climate that may be driving record lows in November. I certainly don't mean to diminish parts of the world that were hit hard with bad weather this week. I found what we received refreshingly beautiful, regardless of what caused it.

Today's Photo: "Arctic Beauty"



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"Snowflakes are kisses from Heaven." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment