Friday, November 21, 2014

365 Project - Day 24

My favorite photography projects are theatrical shows. Thankfully, my sons give me an abundance of opportunities to capture these moments. I enjoy transporting them (viewer and actor), back to the action and their feelings during a particular scene. As I think about this, I can draw a close correlation to my previous ambition to be a sports photographer given I essentially wanted to accomplish the same effect. When I do get it right: scene, mood, facial expressions and action, I am thrilled. I have to admit, though, I am a perfectionist. As anyone who has tried capturing theatrical photos knows, this is difficult. Lighting, action, angles all converge to make this a tricky business. I was fortunate to have a terrific mentor who provided excellent advice. And, the rest is up to preparation, patience and post-processing.

In this photograph, I've left the feet in on the right because while in the eyes of the non-audience member, they are irrelevant, they are important to this scene. These kids were fantastic during opening night last night. I had to put down the camera and just laugh several times. Though it was the second night of the show, I was still laughing. It is and they are simply funny and enjoyable. What a thrill to just sit back, relax and delight in the wonder and excellence of youth! Can I say this is in part due to excellent directing?

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: "On cue"


“Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?”
― Benjamin Franklin

“How many observe Christ's birthday! How few, His precepts!”
― Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment