Tuesday, November 18, 2014

365 Project - Day 21

I sat down to relax in our dining room for a few minutes this afternoon. I mentioned this space in a previous blog. I can't recall the last time we dined in this room, really. As I looked around the room, two things struck me: it is a fantastic room; and it is so, so blue. Sitting there, I also remembered that blue was essentially my family's favorite color growing up. When I was 11 years old, we moved to a new city and new home and much, though not all, of the interior was blue. Blue, however, was not my favorite color. As they were building their new house, my parents were gracious enough to ask me if I wanted anything special in my room. I can only imagine their surprise (and likely regret) when I insisted on my room being pink and purple, but they delighted in honoring my wishes. At the end of a lovely light blue carpeted hallway, was the entrance to a pre-teen girl's bedroom with plush purple carpet and pale pink walls. I was thrilled!

I don't believe I have a favorite color these days. Though, I do absolutely enjoy this elegant blue dining room. I can see why this color is so cherished by my parents and, I thank them for indulging my pre-teen and teenage self.

So, in honor of my parents, I offer this "study in elegant blue"


"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up." Pablo Picasso

Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment