Sunday, November 16, 2014

365 Project - Day 19

There's always a bit of a anxiety for me when allowing family to vote on my picture of the day. This evening, I shared 2 options with my 17 year old son. I knew which one I wanted to use, but his reaction was the opposite. "I feel like the first one," he said nonchalantly, "is just a picture of a leaf. And this one illustrates the transition from Fall to Winter." Ugh - really? That first one was far more artistic than just a leaf IMHO. It was a fantastic photograph of the last leaf remaining on the branch of what had been a full tree just days earlier and I quite liked the blurred branches in the background.

This "transition" photo is lovely, however, and he is right. You do look at it and immediately understand that we are in the midst of a transition, with the tease of winter arriving perhaps earlier than we had hoped.

Today's Photo: "Transitions"


“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America

No comments:

Post a Comment