Thursday, November 6, 2014

365 Project - Day 9

I'm not sure what I expected of Connecticut when we moved here from Texas more than 10 years ago, but as I've driven around for our photography club project the last few weeks, I've enjoyed the variety: tiny towns, big cities (yes, with skyscrapers), local vineyards, large and small farms, parks, sheep and chickens in abundance, dense forests and more. The assignment was rural landscape and I enjoyed every moment rambling through western CT. What I am most surprised by, however, is that so many people choose to live deep in the woods. Literally, a single home in 1/2 mile radius enveloped in trees. I couldn't do it - I would hear all kinds of crazy noises, all the time.

My club project was completed prior to the start of this blog, yet I still can't resist turning off the road at the next "farm" sign. I have passed this farm before, but have never seen a single black cow. And, yesterday there were so many! Just hanging out, with all the time in the world. Hmmm.

Tomorrow I go in for surgery to repair my broken leg ... that is weighing just a little heavy on my mind. All my best wishes to you and yours!

Today's photo: "Cow Time"


“Why is patience so important?"
"Because it makes us pay attention.”
― Paulo Coelho

No comments:

Post a Comment