Tuesday, November 4, 2014

365 Project - Day 7

In thinking about this project today, I discovered that this is as much about conscious restraint as it is about the discipline of taking photos every day. On an average day, I can easily take more than 200 shots. When faced with the prospect, however, of editing all of those within 24 hours to select the single best and then start over the next day, it dawned on me that I must control my urge to capture every thing around me. I need to look instead for a unique message, composition and dynamic. Now, having said that, there are also days when images seem scarce and I have have to dream up or, said better, "create" the day's project. Knowing I cannot borrow from today for tomorrow, however, makes it clear that there is no point in being reckless.

This image is all about strength. I am intrigued by the scale in this illustration. Building strength requires a first step, commitment to consistent growth and a clear goal. Staying at one level, starting too ambitiously or having no goal will not deliver the powerful results we've envisioned.

PS - comments and feedback are welcome!

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Building strength ...




"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

"Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle." Napoleon Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment