Monday, December 8, 2014

365 Project - Day 41

I am back to working on flower photography. I wanted to work on a series of traditional flower photos with the grocery store bouquet before they wilted. After yesterday's disappointment, I really needed something to conquer and to cheer me up. I also have to say, I continue to be so inspired by the photographs others are producing that I'm anxious to do the same.

Naturally, I tried a little creative license with the flowers, including a "de-constructed vase of flowers." Yep, I am just that nutty. Candidly, I would not have thought to photograph the backside of a Gerbera daisy until recently seeing many Fine Art photos. I also originally kept tossing the white flowers in the second photograph aside, thinking they were throw-away fillers. I'm as happy with this session as I was disappointed with yesterday's. Now, how's that for a turnaround?

I still shied away from the flash, but I was armed with a few lessons learned. I waited for bright natural afternoon sunlight. I used my tripod and the timer and kept ISO at 100. I played with a variety of aperture and shutter speed settings. I am limited because I do not have a macro lens and I'm not a fan of the auto macro setting on my camera. Nevertheless, I am excited about my first couple of attempts and will continue to explore this as a winter hobby.


Today's Photo: #1 "Beautiful Dreamer"



Today's Photo: #2: "Come to Me"



"Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see." Confucius



EXIF: Nikon D7100
#1
ISO 100
50mm
f2.8
1/750

#2
ISO 100
50mm
f/3.3
1/1500




No comments:

Post a Comment