Saturday, December 20, 2014

365 Project - Day 51

I received an email from Nikon Learn & Explore the other day. An article on how to shoot the classic holiday light bokeh effect quickly caught my eye. I immediately read it and decided that I would complete a holiday bokeh project before the end of the week. Our Christmas tree has been up with lights only for some time and it seemed the perfect opportunity to get the bokeh correct in a completely uncomplicated environment before we clutter the tree.

The project sounded so very simple. I was excited to give this a try. As I glanced around the tree to determine which side to photograph, I worried that the lights were too big, not colorful enough and there was too much space between each strand but nevertheless, I was committed - this was the time. I placed my camera on the tripod, defocused the lens and went for it. I was shocked when I saw "Christmas bokeh in the first photo". Now that's a well written article ;-) I still wish I had more lights and more colors, but this was a good start.

After comparing my photograph with the one in the article, I believe I need to re-process mine to de-saturate, but for now, I'm pleased.

Best wishes !

Today's Photo: "The Magic of Christmas"


"Great little One! whose all-embracing birth
Lifts Earth to Heaven, stoops Heaven to Earth."
~Richard Crashaw



EXIF: Nikon D7100
50mm
ISO 100
f/1.8
1/60

No comments:

Post a Comment