Thursday, December 18, 2014

365 Project - Day 50

I may be the only one, but I do not enjoy the taste of Fortune Cookies. I do, however, enjoy reading the fortunes. I'm a little superstitious in that if I open one with a good fortune, I feel obliged to eat at least half of it to be worthy of receiving that fortune! Okay, now that I've put that in words, it sounds even sillier than I imagined.

A good, meaningful fortune can be encouraging. I have kept several taped to a card in my bedroom. Several weeks ago, I had a terrific introductory discussion with a group of people. It was the highlight of my day and later I lazily opened a Fortune Cookie that was lying out on the counter. The message read, "Today, your life has changed forever." I choose to believe that was more than a coincidence.

We have Chinese food at least twice a month. It's a family favorite and I often wonder if we order more than the norm for a family of 4 because we are always given around 10 cookies. Anyway, this is a first attempt at a Fortune Cookie photograph. It has been on my list for some time (since we typically have an abundance of cookies), however, this was not as well planned as it could have been. I will "schedule and plan" a more organized shot.

For now, enjoy and best wishes!

Today's Photo: "You need not worry about your future"



"Only learn to seize good fortune, for good fortune is always there." Goethe



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f2.4
1/90

No comments:

Post a Comment